These conditions form the basis of the contract between the customer and IIMOVE Removals & Transport. They explain the rights and responsibilities of both parties in relation to any services provided by IIMOVE Removals & Transport. It is important that You read them carefully.
Alternative terms and conditions can apply if agreed in writing before the start of the Work. Whenever the following words or phrases appear in this agreement they will always have these meanings:
We, or Us, or Our, or IIMOVE: II MOVE Removals & Transport
You and Your: The customer or the customer’s agent or representative
Goods: all furniture and other effects which are to be the subject of the Services
Services: the whole of the work to be undertaken by Us in connection with the Goods including removal and (if applicable) storage
• Our hourly price starts from the time the IIMOVE associates reach your doorstep until the final payment is made to IIMOVE Associates after job completion at the final destination address. We do not charge any depot to depot costs although there are certain exceptions. Please enquire with our representatives.
• Additional time taken by the customer to make the payment to IIMOVE Associates after job completion will be charged on the hourly rate on which the job has been booked.
• All hourly priced jobs incur a minimum of 1 hour charge once the removalists arrive at the pickup address and the time is running till the complete payment has been settled, except for the moving or removals booked on fixed prices.
• All hourly priced jobs incur a minimum of 1 hour charge once the removalists arrive at the pickup address even if the job is cancelled.
• Time taken over an hour is charged in 30 minute increments.
• Fuel charge is applicable to customers as according to travel between two places where from or to moving stuff.
• IIMOVE Associates have the right to decide the reasonable route of travel for moving between pickup and drop off addresses.
• We charge return charge on some jobs, which is same hourly price on which the job is booked, and is added on top of the time taken to complete the job.
• Additional charges may apply for certain items when goods are to be disposed off at the recycler’s or rubbish tip.
• Parking infringements issued while following client’s instructions must be paid by the customer in cash at the completion of job.
• Parking must be arranged for by Customer prior to our arrival at pick up. All parking charges must be paid by customer.
• We may refuse to remove large or cumbersome Goods or Goods which weigh in excess of 100kgs (such as pianos, safes and billiard tables) if the customer have not notified us of those items at the time of booking. All such items will carry a separate additional charge and any damage which occurs will be at customer’s sole risk.
• We reserve the right to deny the removals and moving if the mover deems not safe or for any other reasons whatsoever.
• We can cancel the booking at any time if the customer is not willing to cooperate or have an assumption that the customer might not pay.
• Our prices are all inclusive of GST.
• Arrival time is not guaranteed. We will endeavour to arrive at the time scheduled originally. However delays may occur due to circumstances beyond our control.
• Extra Charges apply, if there are more than a single flight of stairs on which the goods need to be moved on.
• At the time of the move, if it is found that the actual job does not match with the information supplied at the time of the booking, the customer is liable to pay additional charges to be decided by us, in order to recover the extra cost associated with labour, fuel, etc.
• We try our best to fit in all the goods to be moved in a single trip in the vehicle decided at the time of the booking, but if additional trips are required to complete the moving, the customer is liable to pay for the hourly charges for the total time taken and additional fuel charges may be charged.
• Booking charge is not included in the moving charges.
• Cancellations made more than 4 hrs prior to the scheduled moving will be free of any charges.
• Cancellation of a booked job in less than 4 hrs from the scheduled moving will be charge the first hour.
• All payments must be paid at the completion of the moving at the destination unless alternate arrangements have been made at the time of making the booking.
• It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure adequate funds are available before the job has been completed, to avoid additional hourly charges.
• Payments for any Parking Infringements issued due to client’s negligence must be paid with all dues.
• We do accept Cash/Cheque/EFTPOS/Instant EFT/PayPal/Master/Visa credit/debit card payments. 2.5% Surcharge Applied to Credit Card/PayPal Payment. 2.5% Surcharge Applied to EFTPOS Payment.
• We have the right to demand payment, before we unload the goods from the truck if the customer fails to cooperate with the removalists.
• In case of non payment for our services, we reserve the right to seize some of the goods delivered.
• In case of seizure of goods due to non-payment or dispute, storage charges would be applicable.
• In case of non payment of outstanding amount by the due date, we reserve the right to sell the possessed goods to recover costs of our services, after 14 days from the date of the move.
• All late payments will be charged at $25 per day from the day next to the date of the move.
• In case of non-payments, debt collection procedures will be followed. The customer will be liable to pay additional 25% of the amount to be recovered, charged by the debt collection agency.
• We carry Public Liability Insurance for all our Removal Services. This insurance covers damage that may occur to building due to our movers’ negligence.
• No insurance claims will be processed until complete charges of the service availed and excess fees have been paid to IIMOVE.
• We are not liable for damages during the move, whenever a customer/3rd party is helping move the goods other than IIMOVE associates or sub-contractors.
• If we cause loss or damage to premises or property other than goods for removal as a result of our negligence or breach of contract, our liability shall be limited to making good the damaged area only.
• If we cause damage as a result of moving goods under your express instruction, against our advice, and where moving the goods in the manner instructed is likely to cause damage, we shall not be liable.
• All glassware, china or items of brittle nature to be moved at “owners own risk”, and no damage claims for such items will be entertained by us, unless caused by our negligence.
• Plant pots are moved at “Owners own risk” – Due to size and weight of some pots, any movement can cause cracking and we do not accept responsibility, unless caused by our negligence.
• It is the customer’s responsibility to mention the damages in the job completion certificate. Damages not mentioned in the job completion certificate, will not be entertained by us thereafter.
• Customer need provide written notice of goods which comprise precious objects, works of art, antiques, collections of goods or any valuable equipment, and all goods valued over of $1000, prior to the commencement of the job. We do recommend You to book the insurance through our broker Removals Insurance Australia, or to be moved at “owners own risk”.
• There is will be no insurance/damage of any sort of claims entertained in case we have not moved the stuff.
IIMOVE Limited Guarantee
• IIMOVE may repair or replace damages goods at sole discretion. However, we accepts no responsibility for any consequential loss whatsoever.
• IIMOVE has the option to compensate you, in lieu of repairing the Goods, by paying you the agreed value of the damaged Goods or by replacing the damaged Goods. If the value of the damaged Goods cannot be agreed between You and IIMOVE then the value of the damaged Goods shall be assessed by an independent valuer. In any event, IIMOVE will not be liable to pay You more than $500 for any one item of damaged Goods.
If you want to know more or do not fully understand the above terms and conditions, feel free to give us a call or drop us an email.
II MOVE Removal & Transport